We free you to do the best work of your life.
What is it like to work at frog? The diversity of people and projects varies tremendously. We are both thinkers and doers. Collaboration is ingrained in our culture as well as our method. We come from a multitude of backgrounds and our expertise bridges disciplines and spans industries, including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, finance, and many others. Our extraordinary collection of talent—analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical—makes working at frog a truly unique experience. With such diversity in our ranks, we are able to orchestrate and customize each client engagement to ensure a positive balance between emotional experiences for consumers and economic benefits for clients.
What does it mean to work at frog? It means working alongside the best talent in the world, including at least a few that are smarter than you. It means facing new challenges and often being asked to work outside your comfort zone. We take on the complex challenges, the big asks, and the 'never been done befores' of the world. We love what we make!
The Position: Senior Visual Designer
A person in the Visual Designer position creates compelling, original designs for interactive platforms ranging from websites to software applications to consumer electronics. A Visual Designer is able to translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are visually exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
- Participate in product ideation and conceptual development.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons.
- Design motion graphics and animation effects.
- Produce design specifications, storyboards, scenarios, and design prototypes.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
- 5+ years of Visual Design experience.
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design and interaction design.
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications and consumer electronics.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as Adobe After Effects is a major plus.
- Experience with 3D or dimensional design is a major plus.
- Bachelor's degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline.
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level.
What to expect for this temporary project:
- Please note that this person would need to be on-site in our San Francisco studio most of the week and this not a remote position. Some ability to WFH occasionally may be possible.
- This person will be applying a newly created brand identity to a marketing website we are launching for our partner, and should have experience translating brand guidelines to UI.
- Qualified candidates will also be familiar with basic web design accessibly protocol, and have experience partnering with developers to launch.
- This 3-4 week project will be based out of our San Francisco studio, with an ideal start date of September 14th-18th.