Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
The Position: Associate Technology Director, Software Architecture
As part of the frog’s Technology team, you will get the opportunity to “make it real” and participate in the creation of digital and physical products for the world’s major brands as well as innovative startups, working across a broad variety of industries, technologies and geographies.
As Associate Technology Director, Software Architecture you will:
- Lead the technology discipline in the studio, provide proactive thought leadership, domain expertise, and strategic problem solving throughout the design and development lifecycle
- Promote technology innovation opportunities across creative, strategy, and program management disciplines
- Actively engage in pre-sales activities including proposal preparation and presentation, project scoping and planning, effort estimation, and the definition of technical solution and delivery methodology
- Serve as a primary technical contact for client and third-party technical leads and domain experts during project discovery, design, and implementation phases while assisting the project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Provide hands-on guidance to software engineers ensuring development is in compliance with the technical architecture and client needs
- Clearly communicate a point-of-view regarding proposed technical approaches and helps clients understand trade-offs or alternatives to architecture and design decisions
- Facilitate technology workshops with client teams and designers to help understand feasibility of proposed user experiences
- Write client-facing technical presentations, architecture and detailed software design documentation
- Conduct technology vendor assessments of potential tools, technologies and software platforms
- Establish and build web and/or mobile application architecture for new client systems based on best practices in the industry
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- 8+ years of experience as development team lead architecting and delivering applications with rich UI/presentation layers across a variety of technology platforms and frameworks through the entire SDLC from concept to production in the mobile, web, and/or cloud spaces.
- Depth of technical skills and expertise in programming methodologies and practices, application platforms and frameworks, service orientation, technology standards and specifications, and technical modelling of systems and services in one or more domains relevant to current and/or future frog services
- Demonstrated ability to lead software systems design, provide appropriate team support and maintenance of artefacts throughout the software engineering lifecycle, and collaborate with software engineers, design technologists and creative leaders on common user experience goals expressed through software realisation
- Experience in pre-sales activities, including program scoping, planning and resourcing, proposal preparation and pitching, and ability to create high-level estimates based on limited requirements/hero flows
- Experience in leading agile development of full-stack applications and setting data, security, and accessibility best practices
- Strong hands-on expertise in architecting, documenting and deploying cloud-native, highly scalable and highly available applications (microservices, containers, AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Test-Driven Development
- A strong understanding of Agile, SCRUM, Lean and Waterfall methodologies
- Good written and verbal communication to conduct technical meetings and deliver presentations to clients
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering or related discipline is required
- Fluency (at least level B2) in oral and written English and German is required
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.