Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Associate Strategy Director
Associate Strategy Directors guide multi-disciplinary teams of designers, technologists, program managers and strategists in frog engagements, keeping the team on track and establishing the thought leadership that will guide the outcome. They are responsible for providing business-relevant perspectives on the client challenge – which typically involves developing an understanding of users and user needs, market and competitive factors, identifying and prioritizing opportunities, and helping to frame the overarching story of a project. Associate directors manage and coach junior colleagues. They take a lead in structuring approaches and writing proposals, and make pre-sales presentations to prospective clients where they deliver perspectives on trends and future market developments.
- Develop an understanding of the client’s business environment and strategy, and ensure the frog team’s design solutions meets our client’s business priorities
- Work as part of a client team, building trusted relationships with client stakeholders
- Lead or co-lead client engagements on a day to day basis
- Be a master of foundational consulting skills, including problem framing and structuring, expertise in frog methodologies such as frogThink workshop facilitation, FutureCasting, design research and quantitative analysis
- Demonstrate expertise in a range of skills, such as business model development, financial modeling, product portfolio planning, organizational strategy, channel and go-to-market models, customer / market research etc.
- Conduct executive and expert interviews
- Lead client presentations
- Select appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches to use in solving client problems
- Contribute to business development and thought leadership activities
- Work in a balance between local studio based involvement and extended travel to other studios and client sites
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions, industries and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Intellectual curiosity, structured thinking and a comfort with ambiguity
- 8+ years of experience in one or more areas of the product development lifecycle – user research, envisioning new solutions, market validation, business modeling, requirements definition, architecture definition, design, implementation, and support strategies
- Solid understanding of user centered design and the design process
- High peer, end-user, or client satisfaction with the work products that have been created
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams and to mentor junior colleagues
- Developer of thought leadership material for publication
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in supporting business development efforts
- Willingness to travel to meet client requirements (sometimes for extended periods)
- MBA (or equivalent) from top business school with strong academic performance
- Strong Excel modeling skills, and strong numerical analysis and statistical skills. Experience with SPSS a plus
- Experience in helping companies embrace transformation, uniting technology efforts around a common vision that is anchored in customer needs.
- Must have business level ability in English and native level in Mandarin, every additional language is a plus
In your cover letter, please address:
- About you and frog: Why are you interested in joining our team?
- About technology and business strategy: Why is there no equivalent of the Windows operating system for the internet of things?
- About innovation: If you came to work at frog, which company, product or service would you want to redesign?
Please ensure that your cover letter is no longer than 1 page.