Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
As Program Management Intern, you will support team leadership on client-facing and internal projects. You will learn by doing, with guidance from experienced practitioners, who will help you understand and deliver the interaction design activities assigned to you, in the context of interdisciplinary projects.
Project teams rely on Program Managers to:
- Lead the program management process, including contracts, program organization, resourcing, plan development, scope management, and risk mitigation
- Build trust with clients, managing their expectations with confidence and professionalism
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams, both inside and outside of frog
- Proactively and clearly communicate status, risks, and issues internally and with clients
- Manage program budgets
- Maintain appropriate program documentation related to deliverables, schedule, and budget
- Aid in the ongoing evolution of the Program Management discipline within frog
- Enable frog teams to do the best work of their career
On a typical project you will support activities including:
- Understand the activities, deliverables, dependencies, and timeline of the program as outlined in the Statement of Work (SOW)
- Create and maintain processes for supporting the team through their work on the program activities and deliverables
- Assist in creating a reporting cadence (both internally and externally), updating regularly with new developments and changes
- Document risks and mitigation plans, updating the relevant parties on a regular basis
- Maintain financial reporting and tracking, updating internal stakeholders on a regular basis
- Organize deliverables and other program documentation across various tools leveraged by the program team
- Engage in constant communication and collaboration with all project stakeholders, internal and external
We want you to have:
- Recently completed, or will complete within 1 year, a university degree
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, coupled with responsiveness and follow-through on details
- A foundational understanding of Agile project management methodologies and best practices
- Ability to develop strong relationships and enable cohesiveness across diverse individual skills and styles
- Ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement
- Business-level fluency in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience with a client services organization, working in a client facing role with a passion for human-centered design
- Experience working with an Agile team in design and delivery
- Empathy for those we design for
- Program dates: 2/21/22 - 4/30/22
- 40 hours/week
- Paid; hourly rate
- Remote position; candidates must be located within the United States throughout the program duration
In your cover letter (no longer than 1 page), please address:
- You and frog: Why are you interested in the role and joining frog?
- Talent and Passion: How does your skillset fit frog and your passions?
- Innovation and transformation: What are your interests in technology and design?
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.