Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What you will be doing?
The software design position sits within frog’s Technology team and acts as a hand-on consultant, producer with focus on embedded systems. This person is good on estimating, planning and do the program code. The software designer works throughout engagements both within the engineering teams directly and sometimes across disciplines including creativity, strategy and program management at a project leadership level. The software designer at frog often plans and leads the own work according to the plan that is agreed with the client.
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to produce code development, sometimes for prototypes but most often for products that will be launched
- Be the domain expert when it comes to embedded systems during project discovery and implementation phases while assisting the
- Project leadership team in the management of client expectations regarding technology activities during the engagement
- Actively code in C, C++ on embedded platforms
- Clearly communicate a point of-view regarding proposed embedded platform approaches and help client understand trade-offs or alternatives to architecture
- Perform gap analysis between client’s current architecture(s) and proposed design concepts, identifying challenges and opportunities
- Participate in project scoping and estimation tasks
- Support our clients during both pre- and post launch periods
- Have the possibility to travel and work in other frog studios when/if needed
We want you to have:
- 2+ years as embedded programmer
- Have a genuine interest in programming
- Deep knowledge in building embedded software solutions for med tech products but also for other industries
- Depth of technical skills and expertise in programming methodologies and practices
- Demonstrate ability to lead embedded software system design, provide appropriate team support and maintenance throughout the software engineering lifecycle, and collaborate with other software designers, design technologists and creative leaders on common user experience goals expressed through software realisation
- Experience programming according to relevant software standards, preferably for ISO13485 in combination with ISO62304
- Knowledge of continuous integration, delivery and Test-Driven development
- A strong understanding of different methodologies like Agile, SCRUM, Lean and Waterfall
- Capable of creating high-level estimates, based on limited requirements
- Good in written and verbal communication to conduct technical meetings and deliver presentation to clients
- Fluency in oral and written English and Swedish is a must have.
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working across the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.