Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Experience Designers are responsible for the design of digitally enabled products and services. They use their broad skillset across the service, interaction, and visual design domains to work on holistic design solutions, from early-stage idea generation until detailed design of service features and user stories in a digital product.
As an Experience Designer I, you produce client-ready experience design deliverables at high quality, with guidance from a more senior practitioner. You are expected to plan, prioritise, and deliver the experience design activities assigned to you, in the context of interdisciplinary projects.
Your fellow frogs will rely on you to:
- Lead cross-disciplinary analysis of existing solutions and opportunity spaces and drive user understanding among different parties through workshop activities
- Define digital product and convergent experience concepts in collaboration with the strategy and technology teams
- Execute the detailed design of defined experiences working across the service components, interaction logins and visual language expression
- Enable a successful handover of final outcomes to the client through training and documentation
- Advocate for and pursue cross-disciplinary and convergent opportunity areas for design innovation
On a typical project you will:
- Understand goals, business requirements and constraints, market opportunities and user needs to help define opportunity areas and experience requirements
- Plan, conduct, and synthesise research, testing and piloting activities with service users, providers, and SMEs
- Map existing and to-be experiences, across both front and back office and actors involved, through journey maps, blueprints, and ecosystem maps
- Create digital product and convergent experience concepts together with the team that push the bar for quality in a given field/industry
- Support the definition of new product/service value proposition and implementation roadmaps
- Create narratives that help tell the story of the work in an impactful way
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined used cases
- Document product/service requirements and guidelines for following stages of implementation
We want you to have:
- 1+ years of professional experience in experience design (although you might have had a different job title, like “UX designer”), and a robust practical and theoretical grounding in experience design through your studies
- Well-developed core design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Willingness to quickly learn and grow your design skills on the job
- Ability to present and clearly explain your work to others
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples’ functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- A university degree in Interaction Design, Visual Communications, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.