Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
The Position: Senior Motion Graphics Designer
Senior Motion Graphics Designers are in charge of creating the animations for television and all related applications. They are professionals with experience in creating these interfaces in television or streaming platforms and are responsible for the development of innovative interfaces based on product and business requirements in order to provide an additional layer of motion.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about behaviour and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use. They will push the state-of-the-art with every creation and thrive in our fast-paced environment.
- Creation of videos, animations, interaction process, and motion graphics tools as After effects, Principle, Premiere.
- Motion, sound and design for user-system interaction.
- Identification and application of Motion Graphics trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Mentor and manage junior designers
Someone who wants to influence their own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in Motion Graphics for digital platforms and streaming services
- Wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
- A keen understanding of user behaviour as it relates to design
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter – from TV interaction to software tools and applications to the all devices.
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to TV and multi-device platforms
- Strong project and people management skills
- Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC (After effects, Premiere, Animate, etc.). iMovie, Blender, Blackmagic and other MG related software.
- Proficiency with audio software
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioural science discipline.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
- Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of internet technologies
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development.
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability.
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter.
- Proves their facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level.
One thing to be aware of: frog is a design consultancy, not an advertising agency. As a result, we don’t really do any campaign work. While we love seeing portfolios that are flush with dynamic campaign-based samples, we really look for product or software-based samples to be the core of your portfolio.
- frog is an international work environment, with global clients. As such, fluency in English is an absolute must. Please submit an English CV.
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.