Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
The Design Technologist is an expert in UI/UX within the overall context of application development. He/she is responsible for requirements analysis, rapid visual and interaction prototyping, visual and non-visual component design, and successful implementation and/or integration of applications and services across presentation, logic, and data services tiers. At frog design, the Design Technologist will not only provide a high-fidelity implementation, but also creatively enhances the vision of the interaction and visual design. He/she bridges the gap between design and technology by providing technical guidance during the design process — not only bringing awareness to constraints, but also applying their creative thinking and problem solving abilities to create opportunities for innovation. Other responsibilities include collaborating with designers to express requirements as interactive prototypes, utilizing appropriate tools, assets, and methodologies to facilitate the iterative workflow between designers andtechnologists, and leveraging his/her own design sensibilities during implementation cycles.
· 6~8+ years of professional experience designing and developing software applications with rich user interfaces on a variety of technology platforms
· Experience translating requirements into object-oriented applications or dynamic websites
· Expert-level implementation skills in at least three of the technologies listed below
· Detailed design-level knowledge of at least three of the technologies listed below
· Ability to provide substantiated strategic technology and architecture recommendations
· Strong written/oral communication skills and a willingness to contribute to inline code documentation
· Bachelor’s degree in the sciences, engineering, or a creative discipline is required (a master’s degree is preferred)
· Strong leadership skills and a willingness to mentor junior Design Technologists
· Ability to lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle, serve as the primary technical contact with clients and third-parties, participate in project scoping and estimation tasks, and provide architecture, solution, and/or services recommendations
· Bilingual in both Chinese and English
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.