Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
As a Strategy Intern at frog, you will collaborate with designers, technologists, and program managers to envision and create new products, services, and experiences. You may work across any stage of the product development lifecycle but your role is to ensure that the concepts and designs are sensitive to both the needs of users and our clients’ businesses.
You are empathetic, curious, humble, and creative. You don’t accept the world as you find it but strive to improve it. You are skilled at reducing complexity to hone-in on the essence of a business or strategy issue. You enjoy learning.
We want you to have:
- Current or recent enrolment in a postgraduate degree program (e.g. MBA, Public Policy, International Development, Research, Innovation, etc.)
- Experience approaching ambiguous questions and thinking from first principles
- Good math and statistical skills, including Excel modelling
- 3+ years of work experience in any field
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience in identifying and delivering on growth opportunities and bringing products or services to market
- Financial analysis and business case development skills
- The ability to prepare compelling presentations in Keynote and PowerPoint
- An undergraduate degree in business, entrepreneurship, finance, research, engineering, social work, anthropology, human-computer interaction, or liberal arts
- Hands on research expertise, from ethnographic and other qualitative research methods to quantitative research skills including survey design and data analysis
- An interest in global trends, from culture to people and business to climate, and how that impacts our world
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical software
- Experience working in a creative environment with designers, and an interest in human centred design (sometimes called design thinking)
- An interest in technology, both extant and emerging
- A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
In your cover letter (not a separate document), please tell us more about yourself and why you’re interested in joining our frog team and answer one of the following questions in 250 words or fewer:
- Mobility is evolving dramatically and disrupting many industries (new modes of transportation, new ownership schemes, etc.). What strategies would you recommend to a transport infrastructure management company to survive and thrive in these uncertain times?
- 5G technology requires high density of antenna deployment. Telco operators are not in the best position to undertake massive investments and the required pace of deployment alone. What opportunities may exist within this field for non-traditional market entrants? How would you advise one of these companies to materialise the opportunity?
- Corporate sustainability programs are commonly associated with companies within the manufacturing, FMC, resource extraction, or agriculture industries. How can companies not directly associated with emission, waste or environmental impact (such as financial institutions, insurance or digital contenders) calibrate their strategies to become more sustainability focused in the coming years?
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. Please ensure that the word limit is adhered to.
- You should be available for three months during the summer (e.g. 1st June until 31st August). We can accommodate some flexibility with dates.
- This internship is paid.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom for the duration of this internship. Please note that frog is unable to sponsor visas for interns.
Deadline: Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is Monday 1st March 2021 at 11:00am GMT (London time).
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.