Why join frog?
Joining frog means you’ll be joining the “pond,” a global network of studios, each with a thriving in-person and vibrant virtual culture. frogs are curious, collaborative, and courageous, united by our passion for improving the human experience through design, while each bringing our unique and diverse skills and experiences to the table. We draw on our global reach and local knowledge to solve complex problems and design innovative, sustainable solutions that touch hearts and move markets. frogs prize humour, positivity, and community just as highly as performance and outcomes. Our culture is open, flexible, inclusive, and engaging. Working at frog means being empowered to Make Your Mark on every project, in your studio, your community—and the world at large.
What will you be doing?
Interaction Designers are responsible for designing the behaviour of interactive products, from overarching interaction models down to detailed micro-interactions. Interaction Designers create the core scaffolding and guidelines (architecture, user flows, navigation models, etc) that shape how people interact with products, and collaborate closely with Visual Designers and Design Technologists to bring these to life in the final product.
As an Interaction Design Intern, you will support teams on client-facing and internal projects. You will learn by doing, with guidance from experienced practitioners, who will help you understand and deliver the interaction design activities assigned to you, in the context of interdisciplinary projects.
Project teams rely on Interaction Designers to:
- Bridge the gap between research insights and tangible concepts
- Make sense of complex systems or large volumes of data and content and represent them in simplified models
- Refine concepts into meaningful narratives that speak to business opportunities, technical feasibility and organisation set up
- Identify the right interaction patterns to apply in each context
- Collaborate fluidly with visual designers and developers
On a typical project you will support activities including:
- Understand the goals, business requirements and constraints for the project.
- Help to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Conduct secondary research, including trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
- Create frameworks such as customer journeys, service blueprints or ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
- Define and prioritise opportunity areas and then translating them into concepts
- Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps
- Create and test interactive prototypes
- Document interaction guidelines
- Prioritise MVP features and build a backlog
- Support the definition of roadmaps in collaboration with strategy and technology teams
We want you to have:
- Recently completed, or will complete within 1 year, a university degree in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- A robust practical and theoretical grounding in interaction design through your studies
- Well-developed core design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Willingness to quickly learn and grow your design skills on the job
- Ability to present and clearly explain your work to others
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Affinity with frog’s values, and a passion for creating products that meet peoples’ functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Experience working in a variety of organisations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- Academic, professional, or life experience from outside the design field that enriches your perspective as a designer
- As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
- Please submit a resume, cover letter, portfolio and a letter of recommendation.
- Internship dates: February 22, 2021 - April 30, 2021
- Paid; hourly salary
- Remote position; candidates must be located within the United States throughout the program duration
Equal Opportunities at frog
frog is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
frog is a global business with teams working from every corner of the world. To help us process your application, please ensure that your application documents (CV, cover letter, portfolio, etc.) are all in English.