Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog, we share a passion for transforming the human experience by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We apply design to create new strategies, systems, and even entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people and believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformative because our people are extraordinary: Creative, inventive, and open-minded. We build teams around hybrid skills in order to uncover opportunities in unique ways. Together, we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Senior Design Technologist
As a Design Technologist, you specialize in creating modern, front-end applications for web or mobile. You thrive on making user experiences that are both beautiful and functional. You believe that design and technology are at their best when they’re working together and learning from one another. You love to experiment and never shy away from making a prototype to prove out a new concept or to explore the latest trends. There’s nothing better than making software that feels amazing to use.
- Build user-centered applications using modern web and mobile technologies
- Collaborate with designers, strategists and other technologists to create user experiences that make an impact and achieve our clients’ goals
- Help non-technical team members and clients understand technical concepts, possibilities, and limitations
- Be an advocate for the latest UX technology patterns and trends
- Deliver quality work throughout the entire development lifecycle
- 8+ years of professional experience designing and developing software applications with rich user interfaces on a variety of technology platforms
- Professional experience developing websites and/or mobile apps
- Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences, engineering, or a creative discipline or equivalent experience.
- Portfolio of recent work
- Ability to travel 10–20%
- Strong leadership skills and a willingness to mentor junior Design Technologists
- Ability to lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle, serve as the primary technical contact with clients and third-parties, participate in project scoping and estimation tasks, and provide architecture, solution, and/or services recommendations
- Proficient with either or both:
- Web application development (HTML, CSS, JS), including at least one major framework (React.js, Angular, Vue, etc.) and compiled languages (TypeScript, LESS, etc.)
- Cross-platform mobile application development (React Native, Xamarin, etc.)
- Proficient with:
- Working in an Agile environment
- Setting up and building projects using frameworks and CLI tools
- Applying visual themes and animation to UI components and creating components with unique look and feel
- Creating layouts and interactions that work across different devices and screen sizes
- Handling user input/interactions, navigation, and transitions
- Integrating with backend APIs and third-party SDKs
- Deploying to cloud hosting and/or distributing via app stores
Plus (Depending on level):
- Presentation skills
- Scoping and planning work and tasks
- Full-stack development (Node, Python, etc.)
- Accessibility development and testing
- Unit tests and UI automation tests
- Native mobile development (Swift, Kotlin)
- 3D technologies (Unity, WebGL)
- DevOps, including CI/CD and command line scripting
- Open source contributions
- Professional articles, videos, or speaking experience
Please note: frog is an international work environment, with global clients. As such, fluency in English is an absolute must. Please submit an English CV.