Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Associate Program Management Director
The Associate Program Management Director role is responsible for both managing complex, innovative programs and mentoring Program Managers. They work closely with the Program Management Director to lead and motivate the program management team and support the operational functions of the studio. In addition, this role is assigned members of the team for whom they are directly responsible. They must monitor the quality of program execution and provide expert guidance on program management and personnel performance. The Associate Program Management Director supports Business Development efforts, leading scoping efforts and actively engage in presentations. They also manage the projects, programs and client relationships to which they are assigned.
- Partner with Director on studio-level team decisions and enforcement of best practices within the team and the studio
- Provide career management and mentoring to Program Managers with responsibility for motivating and retaining talent
- Responsible for oversight of frog programs and the delivery process collaborating with discipline leads on program planning, direction and issue mitigation for complex programs, teams, deliverables, and clients
- Manage client expectations and directing resolution of project level issues in an oversight or lead capacity including contracts, program scope, program organization, resourcing, plan development and risk management
- Engage clients through business development activities and programs by leading or contributing to pitch meetings, defining program approaches, and speaking to frog’s capabilities
- Directs business development efforts for both existing clients and new programs with the ability to articulate measurable business results around deliverables for our clients
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of frog’s program management best practices
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity continue to develop your breath of skills including team leadership. You want to join a team where you are judged on your contribution and output, not your title.
Associate Program Management Directors are experience professionals with 8+ years in consulting, agency, or industry related experience. They understand client relationships, team building and program management best practices while possessing most of the following qualifications or characteristics:
- Experience in a client service organization, preferably with top tier consulting firm or major design studio in a client facing role with leadership responsibilities
- Previous management responsibilities with the ability to develop and mentor more junior talent
- Demonstrated experience managing medium to large size teams of cross discipline resources with complex, multi-location programs while maintaining budget
- Excellent understanding of product design, software or digital development, and brand strategy
- Account management and business development experience with knowledge of design and design processes, combined with technology
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details
- Experience with and interest in project management tools, project management methodologies and best practices to manage team and client expectations
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others by negotiating and building cohesiveness across diverse individual skills and styles
- Proven ability and desire to solve problems and look for opportunities for improvement
- Bilingual in both Chinese & English
In your cover letter (no longer than 1 page), please address:
- You and frog: Why are you interested in the role and joining frog?
- Talent and Passion: How does your skillset fit frog and your passions?
- Innovation and transformation: What are your interests in technology and design?