frog by Altran
Design Implementation Services: Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog. Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical.We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways.frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Senior Visual Designer (Amsterdam)
As a Visual Designer, you design for impact and relevance. The designs you create are at the forefront of unified experiences and the glue that persuades the values of brands. Your designs shift paradigms within the possibilities and constraints of technology and design systems. You are a strong team player, with an unerring eye for details and a passion for your craft. You are systematic and always people-centric in everything you do, and you want to ship.
You are responsible for:
As a Senior Visual Designer, you LEAD visual design activities for existing or new propositions within our full portfolio, through:
- Work within an established brand identity and design language system with exceptional craft skill in the use of colour, typography, layout, composition, motion and interaction to create intuitive, clear and beautiful designs
- Design, present and support the design process with information in a way that promotes efficient and effective understanding and/or confidence in action
- Participate in user-centred design practices, including the early and frequent involvement of users in the design process, development of prototypes and other stimulus to inform, evolve and ultimately validate designs
- Apply working knowledge of development technologies including various screen-based platforms (e.g. web-based enterprise software development, web sites, mobile OS etc.)
- Contribute rock-star designs to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- Create user focused strategies, innovations, solutions and experiences and the user testing and validation of these, considering usability, sustainability and appropriate visual and verbal articulation in line with Design Language System and Brand guidelines
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency, delivering appropriate design quality within budget and project parameters
- Customer focus and Design consultancy, collaborating, partnering and co-creating with internal and external stakeholders, with clear and impactful communication and articulation of design decision making
- Creative or content leadership on high complexity project or program level and/or setting the standard with high level of content specialism.
- Provides design thought leadership to senior business stakeholders, actively drives co-create approaches between Design and other stakeholders.
- Leads larger projects or programs, able to influence direct environment to create enabling conditions for success, to define delivery strategies and manage program level design quality reviews.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master degree in Design, Design Research or related discipline, or equivalent professional Design training experience.
- Track record of leading complex and large scale, transformational and/or multiple simultaneous projects with decentralised teams
- Thought-leadership on design processes, methodology, culture, technology etc. able to articulate complex matters clearly to outsiders
- Demonstrable design advocacy and mentoring skills to provide strategic and tactical design direction
- Strong influencing and expectation setting skills against real-world limitations
- Substantial day-to-day coordination skills (resources and process) to maintain high design standards
- Entrepreneurial, humble, quick-thinking and exceptionally creative capabilities paired with a keen sense of humour.
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves their facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level