Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Design Technologist I
As a Design Technologist specializing in modern front-end web UI/presentation layer design and development at frog, your role is part futurist and part pragmatist while being a hands-on consultant, producer, and organizer of technical insights, experiments, proofs, and models that bridge the gap between creative design services and software architecture and engineering as part of the successful delivery of innovative solutions for our clients.
- Drive platform research and experimentation, concept exploration, prototyping, and ideation within the creative process for designing user experiences in software and services delivered through modern web technologies
- Lead efforts to identify and analyze current and future UX technology patterns and trends
- Perform in-depth investigation and experimentation with emerging platforms and frameworks
- Identify new opportunities and business value for UX innovation and differentiation with technology enablers
- Collaborate closely with the creative organization to express design assets and artifacts in the form of user experience simulations, interactive prototypes, technical proof-of-concepts, and production quality web UI/presentation layer components and templates as reference material for design validation and the software engineering process
- Provide relevant subject matter expertise across domains in the form of UI/presentation layer software architecture recommendations, best practices, and design integration support to help ensure the intended user experience is successfully realized in delivery and deployment
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Professional experience designing and developing user interfaces, UX concepts, web sites and applications on a variety of platforms, frameworks, and methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences, engineering, or a creative discipline is required
- Expert level or advanced proficiency in the following:
- Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3 [transitions, animations, behaviors])
- CSS Compilation (LESS, SASS, Stylus)
- Digital media (HTML5 Audio & Video, Flash, WebRTC)
- Detailed knowledge of cross-browser UI issues and hacks
- Exporting and translation of both raster and vector assets into web-usable components
- Solid proficiency with:
- Mobile web applications (jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch)
- XHR and Web Services (REST, POX, JSON)
- Additional presentation-layer libraries and frameworks
- Good working knowledge of:
- Server technologies (Node.js, PHP, R+R, ASP.NET)
- CMS (SharePoint, Sitecore, Wordpress, Drupal)
- Strong skills and experience in effective collaboration and technical problem solving within multidisciplinary teams representing product or service owners and stakeholders, creative visual and interaction designers, business strategists, technology platform providers, software architects and engineers, quality assurance personnel, and operational support groups
- An exemplary attention to detail to accurately translate designs while maintaining a high level of code quality
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills along with experience in preparing and delivering documentation, proposals, presentations, and structured working sessions to all levels in a client organization
- Ability to accurately estimate project scope and tasks
- Availability to travel between 10% and 20% for engagements in support of new business development, program kickoffs or working sessions involving creative and technical ideation exercises, and design integration support phases with software engineering counterparts
- Ideal candidates will have a recent work portfolio of successful UI releases and can demonstrate a passion for current visual and interaction design technology trends and practices in a modern web technology context.