Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion to bring product and services to market that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Associate Design Director, Experience Design
Associate Design Directors oversee the daily activities of a team assigned to projects and cultivate an environment of sustained creativity and professional growth. Associate Creative Directors are responsible for design direction, team effectiveness, and client relationships. They are also expected to play an active, hands-on role in key projects.
- Provide daily management of the quality and tenor of the office and the digital team’s creative work.
- Guide the team in the direction, style, and methodology.
- Collect feedback and best-case examples from the team and collaborate with the CDs to drive the potential creative futures of both your team and the broader frog design consultancy.
- Make yourself a ‘timely expert’ towards the creative needs of our key clients in order to provide necessary creative insights and project oversight.
- Participate in the creative role of new business pitches, proposal development, and project initiation.
- Take a creative leadership role in at least one top-tier client.
- Oversee the creative output of your team.
- Monitor and drive an ideal balance in the available skills and personality of the team towards the needs of our customers.
- Monitor and drive the team to utilize the best and latest methods and tools to be competitive.
- Help develop the culture and mindset of the team to ensure they are healthy, happy, inventive, curious, and open.
- Mentor the careers of your direct reports.
- Manage day-to-day operations of a design team including experience and interaction designs, including setting priorities, assigning resources, and ensuring project goals are achieved
- Oversee simultaneous projects from inception to completion, reviewing project plans, designs, and deliverables
- Identify and implement process improvements to meet project and team needs
- Participate in recruiting and hiring digital designers
- Promote a culture of innovation in a multidisciplinary team
- Establish and nurture good client working relationships
- Participate in new business development activities
- Design a fun open experience for the team to do their best work.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- At least two years of experience managing a design team
- At least seven years professional digital design experience; particularly within experience design
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in junior digital designers
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups at all levels of a client organization.
- Ability to negotiate and coordinate across multiple groups and disciplines