Join us to do the best work of your life
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designers at frog take an active, hands-on role in leading the visual design on projects as well as art direction and mentorship of junior designers, and working with multi-disciplinary teams to implement designs into technology frameworks. This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual design, user experience, user interface, and a solid understanding of available client-side technologies.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about behaviour and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use. Senior Visual Designers participate in the development of innovative design languages and are responsible for interface designs, typography, and screen layouts for software, application, web sites, other interactive media and additional communications material. They will push the
The Senior Visual Designer contributes deep thinking and detailed design solutions to produce high-quality software experiences and bring innovative products and services to market. Success in this role means delivering results through teamwork and a relentless focus on what’s best for the end-user, for the client, and for frog. A successful Senior Interaction Designer will be solution-focused, detail oriented, adaptive to change, and a proactive communicator.
- Collaborate closely with interaction designers, design technologists, and engineers
- Work with the Associate Creative Director to ensure your design work exceeds client expectations
- Ensure the quality of detailed visual design throughout all phases of a project
- Work on a huge variety of projects across a rich spectrum of market sectors and geographies
- Contribute to the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals
- Contribute to definition of project storytelling opportunities and direct designers, video makers, photographers, illustrators to deliver unique project narratives
- Work closely with engineers to ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output
- Work closely with development teams and experience analysts (QA) to ensure the feasibility of visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output that design specifications are implemented correctly, actively participating in bug tracking, bug fixing, and UI QA
- Mentor junior designers
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking
- Work in an international environment and travel often to engage with clients or frog teams spread across the globe
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies;
- 6+ years of experience in designing and maintaining visual language systems for digital products and services
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design; additional skills in interaction design a plus
- Knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to web-based applications, mobile apps, and consumer electronics
- A solid competency in storytelling. You are comfortable explaining your ideas to client stakeholders and to ideate the best means to present your conceptual work
- An excellent control of all visual design components. You are an expert in typography and you master grid systems as well as colour and composition. You think of your design artefacts in motion and are able to orchestrate animations
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Figma etc.
- Experience designing motion graphics with tools such as Flash or Adobe After Effects a plus
- Knowledge of design patterns and conventions for different mobile operating systems such as Android and iOS
- Experience in the agile process of software development; working with development teams, providing specifications and visual assets
- Proven track record of working with software engineering teams to ensure accurate, high quality visual design implementation
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a passion for quality balanced with speed and efficiency
- Experience working with remote teams and a willingness to travel
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level
- Wildly creative and obsessively meticulous
- A fearless and positive attitude
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline
- Business-level English a must, additional languages a plus
Qualified candidates must present an online portfolio that:
- Demonstrates a passion for digital product development
- Exhibits stylistic breadth, attention to detail, and balances beauty, innovation and usability
- Shows experience with diverse content and subject matter
- Proves their facility in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions, and breaking those down to elemental level