Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Industrial Design Intern
Industrial Designers determine materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, surface finish, manufacturing processes, and packaging in cooperation with other business functions involved in the new product development process. We're searching for people who understand human behaviors, brands, trends, perceptions and overall interactions; people who can tell stories and who can creatively synthesize analysis and put themselves in the minds of both the consumer and the client.You will have the opportunity to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams - and learn from insights - on a variety of programs at various project phases, from immersion and concepting, to detailed design. .
Specific Industrial Design tasks include: document layout and production, visual research, preparation for presentations, as well as conceptual sketching, ideation, and CAD modeling.
- Willingness to support all levels of the design staff (ID, graphic design and engineering)
- Great positive attitude with an emphasis on self-motivation and quality of work
- A portfolio that shows breadth, attention to detail, beauty, and innovation
- Great communication skills from verbal to 2D sketching
- Pursuing a degree in an industrial design program
- Working knowledge of basic ID tools
- Bilingual in both English and Chinese.
- A portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a Design role. Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
- Candidates must be available to start in Oct/Nov,2020 for about 8 weeks and need to be based in Shanghai. Remote work is not acceptable.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next step interview.