We free you to do the best work of your life.
What is it like to work at frog? The diversity of people and projects varies tremendously. We are both thinkers and doers. Collaboration is ingrained in our culture as well as our method. We come from a multitude of backgrounds and our expertise bridges disciplines and spans industries, including automotive, medical, consumer, retail, software, technology, finance, and many others. Our extraordinary collection of talent—analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical—makes working at frog a truly unique experience. With such diversity in our ranks, we are able to orchestrate and customise each client engagement to ensure a positive balance between emotional experiences for consumers and economic benefits for clients.
What does it mean to work at frog? It means working alongside the best talent in the world, including at least a few that are smarter than you. It means facing new challenges and often being asked to work outside your comfort zone. We take on the complex challenges, the big asks, and the 'never been done befores' of the world. We love what we make!
The Position: Senior Design Technologist
As a Design Technologist specialising in modern front-end web UI/presentation layer design and development at frog, your role is part futurist and part pragmatist while being a hands-on consultant, producer, and organiser of technical insights, experiments, proofs, and models that bridge the gap between creative design services and software architecture and engineering as part of the successful delivery of innovative solutions for our clients.
You are responsible for driving platform research and experimentation, concept exploration, prototyping, and ideation within the creative process for designing user experiences in software and services delivered through modern web technologies. You lead efforts to identify and analyse current and future UX technology patterns and trends, perform in-depth investigation and experimentation with emerging platforms and frameworks, and identify new opportunities and business value for UX innovation and differentiation with technology enablers.
You collaborate closely with the creative organisation to express design assets and artifacts in the form of user experience simulations, interactive prototypes, technical proof-of-concepts, and production quality web UI/presentation layer components and templates as reference material for design validation and the software engineering process. You provide relevant subject matter expertise across domains in the form of UI/presentation layer software architecture recommendations, best practices, and design integration support to help ensure the intended user experience is successfully realised in delivery and deployment.
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organisation the following competencies:
Professional experience designing and developing user interfaces, UX concepts, web sites and applications on a variety of platforms, frameworks, and methodologies.
Expert level or advanced proficiency in the following:
• Strong skills and experience in effective collaboration and technical problem solving within multidisciplinary teams representing product or service owners and stakeholders, creative visual and interaction designers, business strategists, technology platform providers, software architects and engineers, quality assurance personnel, and operational support groups
• An exemplary attention to detail to accurately translate designs while maintaining a high level of code quality
• Good written and verbal communications skills along with experience in preparing and delivering documentation, proposals, presentations, and structured working sessions to all levels in a client organisation
• Availability to travel between 30% and 40% for engagements in support of new business development, program kickoffs or working sessions involving creative and technical ideation exercises, and design integration support phases with software engineering counterparts
• Ideal candidates will have a recent work portfolio of successful UI releases and can demonstrate a passion for current visual and interaction design technology trends and practices in a modern web technology context.